Sales Manager Tropicals
Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Sales department in Bogotá (Colombia), we are looking for a Sales Manager Tropicals.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
For the Latam Region, we are looking for a Sales Manager Tropicals with initial focus on Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela. The Sales manager Tropicals is responsible for selling Dummen Orange anthuriums, orchids and succulents to growers, distributors and agents. The manager provides support and advice regarding product and variety selection, planning, culture, (local) investments and market developments. This is a new position and a proactive attitude towards establishing this position in the region is expected.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Maintain current turnover and achieve extra sales by actively looking for new opportunities (e.g. entering new markets and landing new customers).
• Learning and understanding the customers’ needs, supporting and informing them on product selection, planning, culture and investments.
• Debt collection and timely escalation to finance and/ or legal department.
• Prepare and present realistic, but opportunistic sales reports to management and production.
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
• Associate or Bachelor degree in Agricultural or Horticultural or comparable experience required.
• 3 to 5 years in a sales position within industry.
• Plant culture and industry knowledge.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Fluent in Spanish and English language (verbal and written).
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work well independently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in teams.
• Ability to cope with stress, flexible and able to work under pressure.
• Structured, task-oriented and commercial mind-set.
• Positive, enthusiastic and creative.
• Building collaborative relationships and focus on customer intimacy.
• Ability to travel to customers in other countries.
• Self-starter, independent and proactive attitude.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Juan Rojas (Finance & Administrative Manager LATAM), via info.co@DummenOrange.com.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.